DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Pest Control (http://www.diychatroom.com/f51/)
-   -   The Revenge of the Rats (http://www.diychatroom.com/f51/revenge-rats-84404/)

MagicalHome 10-20-2010 12:11 AM

The Revenge of the Rats
 
They say that when you kill a mouse, its relatives will take revenge and eat up your clothes or things. Is this truth or myth?

nap 10-20-2010 12:19 AM

haven't you ever seen the movie Ben?

H. A. S. 10-20-2010 04:02 AM

I'd say it's true. See what happens after November.:laughing::laughing:

gma2rjc 10-20-2010 08:23 AM

The big dumb guy (Lenny) in "Of Mice And Men" kills a mouse with his hands.
He's dead at the end of the book, but his clothes are all intact.

So I'm going to have to say it's a myth. :yes:

spaceman spif 10-20-2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nap (Post 519938)
haven't you ever seen the movie Ben?


Curse you...now I have Michael Jackson songs running through my head....:furious:

AllanJ 10-20-2010 08:44 PM

No but if you kill a yellowjacket (wasp) and remain in the vicinity, others will come and are likely to attack you. The dead one gives off a scent.

The story was told a year or so ago where someone threw a live mouse into a bonfire and a little later his house caught fire. The cause was said to be the mouse, fur smoldering, running back to the house and into a crack or crevice.

Bobby_B 10-22-2010 05:03 AM

killer mice, aaarggghhhhh i hate the little creatures!

MagicalHome 10-22-2010 07:46 PM

Here is one example of revenge. Just the other day, in my aunt's place, a rat stole an egg from her chicken coop. It has holding the egg with its two front legs and hopping to somewhere. It was crazy and amazing at the same time. It's crazy that rats might be harming her chickens, and amazing to see one hopping with an egg which we only see in cartoon shows.

nap 10-22-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicalHome (Post 521495)
Here is one example of revenge. Just the other day, in my aunt's place, a rat stole an egg from her chicken coop. It has holding the egg with its two front legs and hopping to somewhere. It was crazy and amazing at the same time. It's crazy that rats might be harming her chickens, and amazing to see one hopping with an egg which we only see in cartoon shows.


calculate the rhythm and lead very little and you get to see a rat fly.:whistling2:

If you are good, you can have the egg for breakfast.

Red Squirrel 10-22-2010 09:35 PM

Rats are actually really cute. It's too bad they have to get themselves in so much trouble, causing us to need to kill them.

gma2rjc 10-23-2010 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nap (Post 521523)
calculate the rhythm and lead very little and you get to see a rat fly.:whistling2:

If you are good, you can have the egg for breakfast.

........:laughing::laughing::laughing:


Magical Home, maybe you were seeing the Easter 'Ratbit' hopping away with the egg. :whistling2:

MagicalHome 11-02-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gma2rjc (Post 521624)
........:laughing::laughing::laughing:


Magical Home, maybe you were seeing the Easter 'Ratbit' hopping away with the egg. :whistling2:

It's a little bit late for that. It's preparing for Christmas banquet, I guess! :laughing:

I didn't know rats like raw egg.:no:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved