Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Pest Control

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-16-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
FAC

Share |

Powder Post Beetle treatment

I recently hired a company to treat my cellar/crawlspace for powder post beetles with Boracare and Timbor. I had to leave them unattended and they were gone when I returned that evening. I expected to see some dampness on the exposed floor joists, a smell of some sort, and or disturbed cobwebs in the crawlspace where they allegedly sprayed...I overheard the guy, while under my home grumbling rather loudly about the difficulty he was having accessing my rather low crawlspace. I guess my question is how do I verify they treated the areas I paid them lots of money to treat? Thanks in advance for your help!
FAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:31 PM   #2

Powder Post Beetle treatment

Boracare when dried will leave a milky white chalk behind, it took a few days to notice it. I did my log home ( Interior ) not that long ago with Boracare and that is what happened. After I left it on the logs for 6 months I washed it off. No more little Bugs now.....

Hopefully you have the same results..........

mark942 is offline   Reply With Quote