Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Pest Control

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-04-2010, 10:13 AM   #1

Share |

Pest Takes Dump in Bowl

I usually tie my dog out front of the house and provide her with a water bowl on the porch. Seems there is either a fox or skunk in the area that also takes advantage of the water bowl, in fact, dropped some poo into it a few days ago, to mark it as its own I guess. My dog usually barks to hell and back as this animal infiltrates her territory, but she is blind and really can't do much about it. Any ideas as to how to get the message to this critter that it is not welcome? The repellants I have seen also seem to work on dogs, which is not desirable.

smata67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
Military Mom of 4

Pest Takes Dump in Bowl

Does this only happen at night? (Do you leave your dog out at night, only at night does this confrontation go on?)
Then crate train your dog (inside the house) at night in order for her to become an indoor dog at least just at night.
I didn't use to let my pets inside at all but we had night-critter issues, it just became unsafe for them outside at night.

Another option which is more expensive would be to build a kennel that has top and side fences for her to be in at night - big enough to roam in a bit.

The only animal you have control over is your own.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:02 PM   #3

Pest Takes Dump in Bowl

She gets put out at about 4am until I leave for work at 6am. It has happened twice during this time period.
smata67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:02 PM   #4

Pest Takes Dump in Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by smata67 View Post
Any ideas as to how to get the message to this critter that it is not welcome?

She gets put out at about 4am until I leave for work at 6am. It has happened twice during this time period.
A trap on a timer, which timer disables the trap from 4 to 6.
Yoyizit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:00 PM   #5

Pest Takes Dump in Bowl

please don't let a blind dog fend for itself against wild animals.in the dark,before dawn,as they scare your dog and crap in its bowl.
bluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:36 AM   #6

Pest Takes Dump in Bowl

Stay up, or wake up early, and try one of these...

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Willie/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Willie/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/rimfire/model-597/model-597.aspx
Bill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:20 AM   #7
Military Mom of 4

Pest Takes Dump in Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by smata67 View Post
You simply can't control other animals - I would consider a kennel where she could stretch out, relax, eat and drink when she can't be in the house.

When you're dealing with wild animals you risk rabies and other diseases, it's just not worth the danger.