Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Pest Control

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #1

Share |

odd-looking, possibly eggs found (photo) - Please help!

Warning: high resolution photos (you can zoom in really close up):

They dont look like the roach eggs i've seen online...

The place I am renting here in Michigan has both a roach and rodent problem, unfortunately, and obviously I was not aware of this before signing the lease.

what you see in the photos next to the "hatched eggs" (?) are 2 rodent traps. (I have no idea what they are, and no idea what to call them really)

The area where the photo was taken - where the traps are, and where the "eggs" are - is in an area where I have seen a rodent on 2 separate occasions. Bigger than a field mouse, rounder, a medium brown color or perhaps a little darker. I'd say the one I saw was probably the size of a baseball, or a shade smaller.

(Regarding the caulking: There was a significant gap between the wall and the flooring, I assume that's where the rodents were getting in and out. The last guy the landlord sent over filled it in with caulking)

duality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #2

Those do not look like eggs, they look like seed husks. If you have rodents, it makes sense.

"Human beings can always be relied upon to assert, with vigor, their God-given right to be stupid"
Dean Koontz - Seize The Night
FClef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FClef For This Useful Post:
jmon (11-14-2013)
Old 11-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
Retired Army Veteran

IMO, when viewed in the close-up pic you posted, they really do not look like eggs of any sort to me. They look more like dried up seeds/husks as mentioned above. Something like dried up tomato or tree sampling seeds (see pic below).

Rodents love seeds. It's possible the rodents could be bringing them in from outside and trying to nest there and using it as a storage area for their food etc. Apparently, by the looks of it, they're still getting in or you have a nest somewhere in the wall.

I would be interested to know what they actually are. I don't think they're eggs. Can you take a sample to your local county agricultrual department or college for analysis, maybe they can shed some light as to what they actually are. Just a thought.

Let's hope the caulking fixed it. Most importantly, keep a look out for signs of rodent feces and let your landlord know immediately if you find any. Click on the link for examples of different rodent feces. CLICK HERE. Hope this helps a little.

Last edited by jmon; 11-14-2013 at 08:07 PM.
jmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #4

It actually looks like the little yellow millet seeds from your basic bird food.

"Human beings can always be relied upon to assert, with vigor, their God-given right to be stupid"
Dean Koontz - Seize The Night
FClef is offline   Reply With Quote