Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Pest Control

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Mice from Hell

Hello everyone. I am self DIY pest control type guy. I have a major mice issue. I live in a 3 family house. First floor has the worst mice problem. It comes on top of the kitchen counter and oven range. Make a mess by leaving its dropping on the counter and range. There is no food left on the counter and its cleaned up pretty nice.

I have used several diff options to kill the mice. I used Final rodentcide that comes in small single packs. I drop it in locations I see heavy activity. Mice rip the bag and eat the small granules. Sometime it works and sometime it doesn't touch it. I have also used snap trap with Peanut butter. Traps always work but i don't check it often to clean out the dead rat and place it back. Also use the box with electric current. Mouse enters the box and gets zaped by a current. Instant death. I also do not check as often but does work. I patch lot of the holes with steel wool and caulk.

I think i know where the mice comes from on the kitchen counter. There is opening right above the rear gas burners not sure why its even open. Its the part where you will normally see the controls for the oven. Right below the controls there is opening from right to left. I would like to cover that up. Can anyone recommend something which is fire proof? I was thinking about using expandable foam but not sure if that's fire proof.

jaindesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 0

Mice from Hell

Mice are not coming in from an oven opening. THey are coming in from the outside. Most likely from a basement, or crawlspace. Look for openings, cracks, holes, etc. in your foundation or where the siding is near the ground. THey usually work from the bottom up. Multi-catch traps are the best when they work because you don't have to dispose of one before catching another. If it's REALLY bad, call an exterminator, it would be worth the $$

cibula11 is offline   Reply With Quote