Mice Chewing To Get Into The House - Pest Control - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Pest Control

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-26-2014, 10:02 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Mice chewing to get into the house

My son called me last night. He was hearing chewing sounds inside the wall in their living room and wanted to know what to do about it. I told him there was no one answer but I would come over today and bring some mouse traps and peanut butter. When I arrived he showed me where he heard the chewing sounds coming from. It was in the frame of a window which is butted up against the side of their chimney. I cranked open one side of the window and looked outside at the window frame where the wall meets the chimney and could see where the outside frame was chewed and there were wood chewings on the stone ledge sticking out from the bottom of the window frame. This mouse was chewing to get in. I set 4 traps in the corner on the ledge just before dark and an hour later checked and three of the traps were gone. I looked down into the snow about 6 foot down and could see one deceased mouse but the other 2 traps fell into the snow and were buried. (There's a lot of snow so it is pretty much impossible to walk to that side of his house easily). I checked the last trap awhile later and that one had snapped and fell and buried itself into the snow also. I set another 4 traps on the ledge in the corner and called it a night. At some point I'll have to caulk the hole the mice have chewed so far to keep future critters out. And when we get a thaw I will have to recover my mouse traps.

Advertisement

Larryh86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Larryh86GT For This Useful Post:
oh'mike (01-27-2014)
Old 02-28-2014, 12:55 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Mice chewing to get into the house

Eeek! Get yourself some cat urine and put a little in the area. Trust me, it works.

Advertisement

Lelani is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lelani For This Useful Post:
Fix'n it (03-01-2014)