DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Pest Control (
-   -   mesh for carpenter bees (

njitgrad 06-14-2012 09:13 AM

mesh for carpenter bees
I am looking for an appropriate mesh-like material to stuff in the gaps between my vinyl siding and rake boards. The carpenter bees fly into this gap and bore holes on the back side of the the rake boards. I already had the areas treated with Drione to eliminate the bees two weeks ago and now I want to prevent any future recurrence.

Basically the mesh material needs to be quite flexible, made with galvanized steel or aluminum, and be able to be somehow secured (stapled, nailed, stuffed & tucked, etc) under the rake boards so they won't fall out over time.

The YouTube video link below has the solution I am looking for. It is not my house, but this is the EXACT same solution that I am looking for. I just don't know where to get the material.

njitgrad 06-14-2012 10:07 AM

Just found the answer to what was used in the video.

Cobra Ridge Vent material:

user1007 06-14-2012 07:24 PM

A real building supply or good old fashioned hardware store should be able to order whatever mesh material you want.

PAbugman 06-15-2012 04:02 PM

search for “stuff it copper mesh”.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1