I Saw A Single Termite In The Garage Yesterday? - Pest Control - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Pest Control

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

I saw a single termite in the garage yesterday?

I was working in the garage yesterday and on the garage floor I saw a termite that was just crawling around.

What should I do?

I have a termite bond and as a matter of fact we just paid it for the year. We live in Florida and I know they can be bad here so what do you think? Was it just a single one and nothing to worry about or should I call where our termite bond is and see what they say?

I just want to ease my mind at least for today (Sunday) until I can call them to see what they want to do.

Here is a bad photo but it may help the identification.

Advertisement

Last edited by imola ghost; 04-01-2012 at 11:34 AM.
imola ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 610

One good thing that's a swamer, the wind could have blown it in from any place in the area.
If there is a nest in the house and the queen has started producing them there will be hundreds if not thousands of them so I'd be look around to see if you can see more.
I'd be calling the exterminator on monday just to be safe for an inspection.
In you area it's a huge job to do a treatment, most would call for tenting the whole house so get this looked at soon.

Advertisement

joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 610

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...identification
joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
pest control operator

Rewards Points: 250

Picture is blurry; Iím not so sure itís a termite. Save it and take it to your termites peoples office.
PAbugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #5
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

If it is a termite? In Florida? It is shacking up with the only single once virgin cockroach. Or worse a big black palmetto bug.

Or as suggested, it just blew in all by itself.

I would not turn paranoid but why not call an exterminator to be sure? My guys know I can deal with snakes and furry things of sizes on my own if I have to but I call them anyhow. I will capture and relocate non-venemous spiders. I don't even think twice about stomping a bug. And of course "Men in Black" is one of my fave movies.

Joking aside. Almost seriously? If you think you have ever seen a termite or cockroach? Unless you are lucky. There are more hiding and doing damage at least somewhere near you. An exterminator should be able to source and kill them. I hated the ones that insisted my house in California be tented on a regular basis. Guys and girls that found snakes, critters and spiders for freaked out neices I had no time to relocate were great. I even paid them. My personal trapper of critters in Central Illinois is legend. Nobody on this planet is better at trapping mammals. By law he was supposed to shoot some. I know he did not.

End of rattling on. I cannot tell from the photo either. If it is a flying sort of termite. I would guess it is not the only one.

Last edited by user1007; 04-03-2012 at 08:00 AM.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote