Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Pest Control

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 02:59 AM   #61
paper hanger and painter
 
chrisn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hagerstown MD
Posts: 6,649
Share |
Default

Don't know what's in my walls, stumped 2 pest controllers.


troll? maybe
I still think it is not animals but something mechanical, if there actually is something

chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:53 AM   #62
Member
 
creeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: As always..beside myself.
Posts: 4,226
Default

Don't know what's in my walls, stumped 2 pest controllers.


Guys! Give him a break. Everybody knows that trolls don't live in attics. They live under bridges.

I wouldn't be in a rush to open the walls either if I knew a 25 ft python was going to slither out.


creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:34 AM   #63
Member
 
r0ckstarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE Texas
Posts: 848
Default

Don't know what's in my walls, stumped 2 pest controllers.


Scenario: You're off at work, out shopping, sleeping in your bed passed out drunk, whatever...

That mystery in your wall chews on some electrical wires and starts a fire that burns down part of your house, if not all of it.

A small drywall patch doesn't sound so bad, does it?

Are you married? Have kids? Something to think about.

Besides, matching the texture is easy.
r0ckstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #64
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2
Default

Don't know what's in my walls, stumped 2 pest controllers.


r0ckstarr... that scenario is frighting... time to break out all of the pest control solutions and attack my wall
skipper Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #65
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 843
Default

Don't know what's in my walls, stumped 2 pest controllers.


Still fooling around with this?
Hardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #66
Member
 
r0ckstarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE Texas
Posts: 848
Default

Don't know what's in my walls, stumped 2 pest controllers.


He's obviously on the wrong site if he is scared of a little drywall work. He's in the best place to learn how to do drywall!
r0ckstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #67
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westport, CT
Posts: 4
Default

Don't know what's in my walls, stumped 2 pest controllers.


What ever came of this? My thought was that it was moles... Blind little nuisances.
JenTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #68
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 22
Default

Don't know what's in my walls, stumped 2 pest controllers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstarr View Post
Scenario: You're off at work, out shopping, sleeping in your bed passed out drunk, whatever...

That mystery in your wall chews on some electrical wires and starts a fire that burns down part of your house, if not all of it.

A small drywall patch doesn't sound so bad, does it?

Are you married? Have kids? Something to think about.

Besides, matching the texture is easy.
I would love if the house burned down, cha ching.

I opened up the walls, there were little holes, no wood dust around them, still could hear the sound, still couldn't locate it. Orkin guy who acted like a .... didn't think the holes were anything but nail holes (nail holes all up and down the wood beam for no reason, whatever).

I had them do a borate foam anyways, didn't get rid of the problem. It could just be the steel siding temperature change causing the noises, but they just stop whenever I get close.

and btw, ......, there's now a square where I put the hole in the wall because getting it flush and matching the texture failed 3 times before I gave up on it, despite trying a couple different methods. So thanks for the advice.

unsubscribing to this god awful thread.

Last edited by BigJim; 05-29-2013 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Slurs removed name calling not allowed
Adam79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #69
Member
 
creeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: As always..beside myself.
Posts: 4,226
Default

Don't know what's in my walls, stumped 2 pest controllers.



Last edited by creeper; 05-29-2013 at 06:26 PM.
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:41 PM   #70
Metal Roofing
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 468
Default

Don't know what's in my walls, stumped 2 pest controllers.


Quote:
unsubscribing to this god awful thread.
You started it

I was expecting much more out of this thread
AndyWRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:02 AM   #71
Member
 
r0ckstarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE Texas
Posts: 848
Default

Don't know what's in my walls, stumped 2 pest controllers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam79 View Post
and btw, ......, there's now a square where I put the hole in the wall because getting it flush and matching the texture failed 3 times before I gave up on it, despite trying a couple different methods. So thanks for the advice.

unsubscribing to this god awful thread.
#1. You should have taken and posted pictures of the holes inside the walls.

#2. You should have gotten advice and instructions on how to do drywall before you attempted it. Then you wouldn't have a square on your wall, and would have most likely gotten it right the first time.

#3. You made this god awful thread.
r0ckstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to r0ckstarr For This Useful Post:
firehawkmph (05-30-2013)
Old 06-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #72
Mold!! Let's kill it!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,833
Default

Don't know what's in my walls, stumped 2 pest controllers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam79 View Post
I would love if the house burned down, cha ching.

I opened up the walls, there were little holes, no wood dust around them, still could hear the sound, still couldn't locate it. Orkin guy who acted like a .... didn't think the holes were anything but nail holes (nail holes all up and down the wood beam for no reason, whatever).

I had them do a borate foam anyways, didn't get rid of the problem. It could just be the steel siding temperature change causing the noises, but they just stop whenever I get close.

and btw, ......, there's now a square where I put the hole in the wall because getting it flush and matching the texture failed 3 times before I gave up on it, despite trying a couple different methods. So thanks for the advice.

unsubscribing to this god awful thread.
Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are.
Guy can't figure out a noise, leads us to believe that it's a pest, but no........ it might be his siding expanding and contracting. After how many months, he's cut a hole in the wall , that he can't repair. Still hasn't completely identified the noise, but now it's somebody else's fault????? Pretty sure this thread was gonna end goofy from the start.
Maintenance 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #73
Bill Kearney
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bethesda, MD USA
Posts: 1,874
Default

Don't know what's in my walls, stumped 2 pest controllers.


The words "off his meds" come to mind...

Not directly related but I had a devil of a time figuring out a noise we had at the rental house we're in while our new one is being built. It was an odd metalic kind of clink/clink sort of sound. Much like a metal venetian blind tapping on a window frame. No open windows, no ducts near a window with that sort of blinds... and nothing else to explain it. Drove me crazy for weeks.

Turns out it was the filament inside two bulbs of the lights over the powder room medicine cabinet. The clear theater makeup bar kind of bulbs. Turns out the damned things would warm up just enough and then make the noise. But not on an evenly repeatable schedule and not every time. It was only by chance I happened to be on the throne and the lights had been left on for an hour beforehand. And it clinked twice, just enough for me to zero in on it. Now at least I know what makes the noise and to just keep the lights off... it's a rental so I'm not bothering to buy four new bulbs for that ugly-ass thing.

wkearney99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delta-FL on floor and XPS on walls. Should I install the flooring or the walls first? yotaman Remodeling 11 04-19-2011 09:20 AM
Finishing Basement Walls, Inside Perimeter Drains, and Moisture, Oh My BSponz1 Building & Construction 1 02-08-2011 01:20 PM
load bearing walls worriedowner Building & Construction 3 02-02-2011 04:12 PM
Insulation of interior walls around fire place ODD Calmeier Building & Construction 5 01-31-2010 05:59 PM
Some walls rattle in my house if hit with something, I will explain inside posting zincmann Building & Construction 4 11-10-2008 03:05 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.