So I opened the garage door and I see this one large roach about an inch to an inch and half in the middle of the floor.
I just bought a pound of boric acid so I run over grab it and by this time its out on the driveway. I douse it with a lot of the acid and it starts to shrivel but then gets up and moves (slower now) down the driveway.
So I kick it off into some bark and step on it and pour a bit more acid around it just in case.
Later on in the evening as I'm heading out I go over (morbid curiosity I guess) and I see the patch of white boric acid but... NO ROACH!?!?!?
It has to be dead I stepped on it and had it poured with acid. Any thoughts on where it went? Could it be that resilient? Or some other bugs carried it off?
Boric acid does not kill immediately. It kills primarily by dehydrating the suckers, and usually takes 3 to 7 days to work.
You can cut their heads off and they can still walk around, so that may be what happened. Or some of his buddies could have eaten him - they are cannibals. But don't worry, if he isn't dead now, he will be soon. Also, if someone else ate him or even touched him, they will also die soon. So good job.