Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Pest Control

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-22-2013, 01:32 AM   #1

Share |

Caterpillar looking insect in my house! HELP!

I recently have found bugs the last few days a few outside and a few in the house. How do i get rid of them. They are about 1 inch long and have a light red back but a white bottom side.I killed one with a napkin and it like popped and white puss came out. What are they? What should I do?

Last edited by kayla0427; 07-22-2013 at 01:39 AM.
kayla0427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:29 AM   #2

Please try and help us out by at least adding your location to your profile, just go to quick links to edit.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #3
Retired from the grind

That is not a caterpillar, that is a larvae. Most likely a moth. You can go through Henderson State U's site and see if any critters fit the description http://www.hsu.edu/pictures2.aspx?id=16785 or send the picture to your state university extension, or even just contact the local school biology teacher, and they could tell you what it will turn into, when it grows up.

Looking further, appears to be a Waxworm. Great fishing bait. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waxworm
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaption View Post
Please try and help us out by at least adding your location to your profile, just go to quick links to edit.
I live in the bay area, California
kayla0427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #5
Retired from the grind

Send them http://ucanr.org/ the pic. I am betting Wax worm from what I could find out this morning.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote