Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Pest Control

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #1

Share |

Carpenter ants removing bait

Hello

I have located a carpenter ant nest in my window frame. I opened it up and can see lots of ants and eggs. I injected Combat ant bait which has the same ingredients as MaxForce which has a good reputation.

The ants are taking the bait and dropping it off the side and down on my baseboard.

I chose to do this rather than spray since I'm not sure this is the main nest and I want to be sure the queen gets the poison.

Has anyone else had this happen? Could this be because I injected directly into the nest?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Giorgiojw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
Bill Kearney

Me, I'd call a professional exterminator. I'd much rather have a pro get on the problem quickly rather than waste time trying to figure it out. It's one thing to deal with a few bugs here and there but when you've got an infestation that's already doing a lot of damage? You want that stomped out RIGHT AWAY. And in theory a pro's going to understand how they got there, where else they might be already present, and how to tackle the problem on a larger scale.
wkearney99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
Me, I'd call a professional exterminator.
Me too.

At this point the exterminator will probably be the least expensive part of this, they'll want a few hundred bucks... then you've got to open up your walls to fix damage, that's where the money comes in.