Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Pest Control

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #1

Share |

Brown Recluse problem.

I have a brown recluse problem at my house. I am guessing that they have been there for a long time but since i have been remodeling and tearing drywall/insulation out i am finding them all over the place. I have killed close to 100 of them in the last 3 months. i picked up this stuff from a big box store called Terro spider spray. It kills those ugly things within minutes but it is more for spot spraying rather than treating.

I got a quote from a couple of places and it was far from cheap. is there something i can purchase without a license in 1 gallon quantities that will kill these things myself. I have gotten pretty good at finding the main spots and i have only seen two of them in the last month and that was with me searching for them.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I really would love to not have one of these things crawling on me when i sleep.

Brad

diybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
nap
You talking to me?

Brown Recluse problem.

there are a couple bug people that post here regularly so I would wait for them to post but until then, a poster red squirrel asked about a similar item and was given a lot of good info. I am terrible at finding things via a search on this type of website so I am not going to even try but you might try to locate that thread.

thread starter; red squirrel

nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
the Musigician

Brown Recluse problem.

Here you go: DIY spider killer?

DM
Old 12-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
pest control operator

Brown Recluse problem.

Find a concentrate that has for the "active ingredient": Lambda-cyhalothrin. It is a microencapsulated formulation that lasts a long time, but works slowly.
Some examples are: Demand, Border, Cyanora, Cyzmic, etc.
PAbugman is online now   Reply With Quote