Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-27-2008, 09:28 AM   #1

Share |

Would floor look funny?

Would floor look funny if I use one material in the recently redone hallway and another in the kitchen?
We knocked out part of the wall between the hall and the kitchen and have not done the floors yet. The kitchen is plywood right now.

We plan on doing the kitchen floor in natural Oak that I will make myself from Oak beams that I will re-saw into 5 inch wide planks and finish with satin poly.

I have more pictures of the hall redo and kitchen redo before and after. I made the cabinets and my wife did the faux finish.

If won't look funny I would like to do the hall in a different floor covering because it sure would shorten the work load.

Please comment on the paint colors and what color and type of floor covering I should use.
kjwoodworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:25 PM   #2

Would floor look funny?

I think the floor won't look funny. It will also serve as a distinction between the kitchen and the hallway.

Last edited by AtlanticWBConst.; 09-29-2008 at 06:43 AM. Reason: SITE RULES VIOLATION: Advertising Links Removed From Signature
home decorations is offline   Reply With Quote