Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-29-2010, 02:52 PM   #1

Share |

wondering how to remove blinds...

I have a beautiful bay window but unfortunately my cat seems to think the blinds are obstructing her view outside and she decided to chew them up.I was wondering if someone could tell me how to remove them.They are not the typical blinds you would get from Walmart the seem to be built in.They've got the name Nanik on them.I've contacted the manufacturer and have gotten no response yet.I'll post a few pics if it helps.
Attached Thumbnails
wondering how to remove blinds...-100_0942.jpg   wondering how to remove blinds...-100_0925.jpg   wondering how to remove blinds...-100_0921.jpg  

beerbelly918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
WindowTreatment Installer

If you lift the blind out of the way is there any sign of a bracket on the back side of the headrail. Is that ring shown in your 2nd pic attached to the end of the headrail?

bobtheblindguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #3

In the middle picture is a rail that goes from the turn button to the top of the blinds covered by a plastic piece.
In the bottom picture the ring I think you are referring to pulls the blinds up and out of the way.
I've taken the two screws out that are on top in the bottom pic and nothing moves.
these are Ninik metal blinds if that helps...
By the way I still have not heard back from the manufacturer yet.Of course on their website it says they only make wood blinds.These are probably 20+ years old...

I'm thinking I may have to take a crow bar to the top piece of window frame...
beerbelly918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #4

2 ideas:

1. In the pic with the little rings, can the end of the blind be opened to reveal anything?
2. Have you tried carefully unscrewing the piece of wood directly above the blind? Maybe the blind was attached to that and then installed in the window.

Good luck. Too bad you have to take them down, your window looks really nice.
shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote