Who Watches HGTV? - Interior Decorating - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
I'm Your Huckleberry

Rewards Points: 2,220

Who watches HGTV?

House Hunters, Property Virgins (first time home buyers) and Income Property where the home owners have a basement that needs remodeling to make it an apt. to rent out. Love those shows.

It's a new fix for me, anyone else?

Advertisement

Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
Mike Holmes Disciple

Rewards Points: 10

Who watches HGTV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
House Hunters, Property Virgins (first time home buyers) and Income Property where the home owners have a basement that needs remodeling to make it an apt. to rent out. Love those shows.

It's a new fix for me, anyone else?
Income Property and Holmes on Homes/Holmes Inspection are the ones I watch the most.

Advertisement

Bosco55David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
I'm Your Huckleberry

Rewards Points: 2,220

Who watches HGTV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Income Property and Holmes on Homes/Holmes Inspection are the ones I watch the most.

Something about Mike Holmes rubs me the wrong way. I think it's that earring.

Love me the remodeling of Income Properties, perfect tens each time.

Move over Ask This Old House!!
Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 150

Who watches HGTV?

I love income property and have been watching bathtastic a lot (next project is my bathroom). I watch Holmes occasionally (wouldn't it be nice to not have a budget) but I also like to watch Sweat Equity too.
klmeenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #5
Craftster

Rewards Points: 77

Who watches HGTV?

I used to love the Saturday morning line-up - Don't Sweat It, Hammerheads, Over Your Head and Carter Can, but they stopped showing all of those (I blame Mike Holmes, personally lol), I do like Property Virgins and Sarah's House, and looking forward to seeing what the new 'do you want to be on HGTV' show is all about.
ghostlyvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:36 PM   #6
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

Who watches HGTV?

I got in trouble bashing the former Miss Canada who paints in high heels on one of the home improvement networks so must be careful.

The shows serve a purpose and I think have done a lot to expose people to what is involved with home maintenance and renovation? Holmes is alright. At least he preaches sound construction.

I am not sure if it is an HGTV show but I got so angry watching the pathetically stupid "Design on a Dime" show I was banned from being near the TV when it was on.

Of course This Old House is the grand daddy of all and not HGTV so I wander from the post I suppose. In the old days the show really did help a homeowner with a sorry $50K home into a better situation. Now days it strikes me they only touch things $500K sitting on $3M worth of land and with willing homeowners with a chunk of money of their own to sink into a project.

Of course my fave is not HGTV either. "Extreme Makeover" with house framed, mortar cured, concrete set, paint dried, permits and all inspections in just a week is the best scam on TV.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #7
Stuck in the 70's

Rewards Points: 1,018

Who watches HGTV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsester View Post
Of course This Old House is the grand daddy of all and not HGTV so I wander from the post I suppose. In the old days the show really did help a homeowner with a sorry $50K home into a better situation. Now days it strikes me they only touch things $500K sitting on $3M worth of land and with willing homeowners with a chunk of money of their own to sink into a project.
I agree. This Old House is a bit too high falutin Massachusetts for me, but I do love Ask This Old House. A lot of good practical advice there.

Advertisement

Blondesense is offline   Reply With Quote