DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Interior Decorating (
-   -   What IS this stuff? (

flamingomtn 08-01-2011 08:06 PM

What IS this stuff?
I uploaded a photo of something I got at a used building materials warehouse so they didn't know what it was called either. Please take a look at my album to see it.

Really want to know what this is called, just in case I want to buy more. It's 3/8" plywood with a hardwood veneer, cut into parallel, beveled strips and cloth-backed so it can be curved in either direction. The piece I bought was 36" x 8' but I don't think it was a full "sheet".

Anyone know what this is called?

Thanks for any ideas.:thumbup::thumbup:

firehawkmph 08-01-2011 08:37 PM

I couldn't get the pic to come up. But it sounds like a sheet of tambour material. Like the rolling section of a rolltop desk.
Mike Hawkins:)

epson 08-01-2011 08:50 PM

does it look like this?
If so then its called curv tamber.

flamingomtn 08-01-2011 08:53 PM

You're absolutely right! Thanks!!!
Thanks so much! You nailed it! I really appreciate your help!

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.