Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

What Color Carpet Would Go With Tan Walls

We are trying to pick out a carpet color for our living and dining rooms. Our walls are painted tan.

Any suggestions?

Shippydep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #2

I would keep it neutral and go with a beige, cream colour. I know it will not be easy to keep clean but would look great IMO.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #3

I agree. You need to keep it light and add colour through accessories. Dark carpet will make you insane. Every tiny piece of lint will stand out.
Also, there are some really nice shades of grey that do not look dirty. The great thing about grey is that it is any colour you want it to be. Meaning it picks up hues of whatever it is up against.
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:10 AM   #4
Too Short? Cut it Again!

First off, I would pick your floor covering to meet your needs and not worry about matching the walls. You can always change wall color. Inventory what colors you have to stick with like wood trim, furniture and so forth.

Were you thinking a single color deep pile carpet or would something like a multi-colored berber offer a better choice for your lifestyle? Will you have the same color and type flooring throughout your home or will you need to flow color in and out of rooms?

I think automatically picking a neutral for flooring is a cop out. You can manage floor color just like wall color if you spend some time with a basic color wheel and figure out what you want to experience when in a room.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote