Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-17-2010, 12:04 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

wall coloring.

I have big big size living room, with burgandy carpet. My walls are white but i want to put color on them. What colors would like good on my walls with the burgandy carpet?

also, im wanting to paint a small kitchen. my countertops are ahunter green with white appliances. what would be a good color for this space?

Thanks for your help!
Jessica Houchens

jessicahouchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:36 AM   #2

wall coloring.

It kinda depends on the rest of the furniture in the room. You could go with a clubby feel and paint the walls a pool table green. You could go with an imperial looking light / baby blue, too.

florist.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #3

wall coloring.

Hello Jessica!
It sounds like you have some great changes about to happen in your home. Consider a light to medium gray in your living room. It is still a “neutral color” and will tone down the white. Also what window treatments do you have in your living room? You may want to “pull” a color (match the threads from the fabric) to accent the window treatment and complement the carpet.

You have a lot of contrast in the kitchen with the hunter green countertops and white appliances. You will want to select a light color to make the small kitchen appear larger. Consider a light yellow to brighten up the space and reflect any sunlight that comes into that room.

I recommend getting a color tester or paint chip from the store to see how it will look before you start the project. Painting a swatch (4’x4’) and looking at it for a few days will help you get the feel of the finished project without committing to gallons of paint. Plus – if you don’t like to color, you can still change your mind!

Best wishes and please send us photos to see how the walls turned out!
Designing Woman
DesigningWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:40 PM   #4

wall coloring.

A khaki tan color would look nice with the burgandy and the hunter green.
Oops! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #5

wall coloring.

I would vote for peppermint green.
BrendaSimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:23 AM   #6

wall coloring.

I think light purple or pink would be best for burgandy colored carpet. This is my choice you can also take advice of interior designer.
Rexi1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:38 AM   #7
Put Art in you Heart

wall coloring.

Something with a warm gold tone, without getting to "bright" or "metallic"... as mentioned in a previous comment, get a sample jar and experiment and look at it several times a day with the changing light.

Good luck with your selection...

theARTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote