Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #1

Share |

Wall color question.

My roomate and I are thinking about painting the walls a different color. I'm tired of staring at white walls so I asked him what color he would like. He said some shade of blue but not a very bright one. We allso have black trim up. Any suggestions as to what color of blue would be a good idea?

many thx,
Tweeto

(The carpet in here is a dark blueish color as well, didn't put this down cause hopefully this can be replaced sometime as well lol)
Tweeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:54 AM   #2

Wall color question.

Pale Blue with darker shades on the furnishing as you have already mention you have dark blue carpets go arrange around with dark and lighter shades.

Dana

Last edited by Dana11; 04-09-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Dana11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:24 AM   #3

Wall color question.

What wall color would go with red countertops? My kitchen countertops are red (ketchup red!) and I don't want to replace them. My cabinets are a really dark brown, but I am going to paint them white.
I am going to put down some vinyl self adhesive floor tile from Lowe's, but I want to decide on a wall color first decide on the floor from there.
Picking the wall color is the main problem I am having. Any suggestions on what would work?

Last edited by kayanat; 03-14-2009 at 12:24 AM.
kayanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:46 AM   #4

Wall color question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanat View Post
What wall color would go with red countertops? My kitchen countertops are red (ketchup red!) and I don't want to replace them. My cabinets are a really dark brown, but I am going to paint them white.
I am going to put down some vinyl self adhesive floor tile from Lowe's, but I want to decide on a wall color first decide on the floor from there.
Picking the wall color is the main problem I am having. Any suggestions on what would work?
Okay u need help with the red counter-top. I see you have a funky color taste, so its obvious you don't mind any bright color added to your kitchen . For the Cabinets I had something grayish blue instead of white. That would be too light and hard to keep clean all the time. Besides that why not get a ivory white tone for your walls and black or gray granite floors.

how about it ?

Dana
Dana11 is offline   Reply With Quote