Trim? - Interior Decorating - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-10-2009, 10:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Trim?

I have just put on a 3 bedroom, Entry way,sitting room and redooing the old part( a cabin with alot of knotty pine (wall), I dry walled the celing to our house(the old part) The new part is all dry walled. I am getting ready to trim the house. I have unpainted Jeld Win windows on the interior, white vinyl clad ouside. If I run White trim should I paint the windows? I am considering Trimming the House in Raw Cherry(just a clear,no stain). Is that going to look funny with the wood windows since the windows are not cherry? any advice would be appreciated.

Long term plan all Knotty pine will be removed and kitchen will be Raw Cherry cabinets.

Advertisement

drzjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:21 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Trim?

Yes you should paint the windows with the trims or it will give an untidy look.

Dana
http://www.ninaathome.com/

Advertisement

Dana11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:05 AM   #3
Remodeling Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,000

Trim?

I would stain the windows and the window trim to match the cherry color. Cherry color can vary extensively. You will need to first use a pre-conditioner so the stain is not blotchy. Then mix stain colors to get the color to match the other natural stain. The grain will not be the same but you can match the color.
Bob Mariani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Trim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mariani View Post
I would stain the windows and the window trim to match the cherry color. Cherry color can vary extensively. You will need to first use a pre-conditioner so the stain is not blotchy. Then mix stain colors to get the color to match the other natural stain. The grain will not be the same but you can match the color.
So I can stain the windows to match the raw natural cherry in color?
Will it look goofy after a few years when the cherry startes to darken, or will it still blend ok?
drzjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
Remodeling Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,000

Trim?

Both will darken over time, but the natural cherry if in direct sunlight will darken more. But this means that windows not in direct sunlight will also look different. Maintenance... stain again ,... it's all part of home ownership.
Bob Mariani is offline   Reply With Quote