Stainless Steel Backsplash Brushing/swirlling Ideas? - Interior Decorating - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2007, 08:04 AM   #1
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 103
Rewards Points: 75

Stainless steel backsplash brushing/swirlling ideas?

As you can see I put up just a piece of "virgin" sheetmetal just over the stove as I though it would meet my needs. My wife seems to have a personal vendeta against spatter shields over a frying pan thus leaving oil on the walls away from the backsplash. So now I'm thinking of throwing out the existing piece and getting a piece that's cut to cover the entire wall. I've seen swirls in ss before and want to know what brush or grind attachment would I get for my drill and what exactly is the process?

EG, lets say I get a 6" brush or grind, I assume put the brush/grind center directly over the upper left corner, hold it steady and let it grind/brush. Pick it up and try to move it exactly 4" to the right and put it down etc. Does that make sense? Is that the correct process? I spent 15mins trying to find pix of what I want it to look like and couldn't find it. The pic is of my current arrangment


Bacardi 151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:07 AM   #2
J.O.A.T, Master of N.
w7oxo's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4
Rewards Points: 10

Have you ever heard of "engine turned" sheet metal? You've probably seen it in interiors of cars from the 60's. You can go to the Eastwood Company's website and check out their panels. You may also find some techniques if you search the web.

Try this to see if this is what you are looking for:

Here's another site for ideas:
Attached Images


Last edited by w7oxo; 01-10-2008 at 12:26 AM.
w7oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #3
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 103
Rewards Points: 75

I already tiled it a few monthes ago...Thanks though!
Bacardi 151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #4
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 93
Rewards Points: 75

Try splatter screens. I got mine at Target. They are like pot lids but with window type screen and are just for this.
Concordseeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Maintenance Free" Siding Materials (Vinyl, Steel, Fiber Cement) diggitydog Building & Construction 12 01-23-2009 04:24 PM
Current trends: Cast Iron or Stainless Steel sink? Fat b Remodeling 4 05-04-2007 07:09 PM
Gauge of stainless steel sink Not Sure Plumbing 2 08-29-2006 04:56 AM
Dented stainless steel-HELP!!! yrapps Remodeling 4 05-09-2006 04:22 PM
stainless steel kitchen sink KANUTTER Plumbing 6 01-09-2006 03:42 AM

Top of Page | View New Posts


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1