Soundproofed A Door, Need Help Hiding! - Interior Decorating - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Soundproofed a Door, Need Help Hiding!

So I moved into a new rented apartment and my bedroom looks hideous and I have a few problems.

-First issue is there was a door connecting my bedroom to another that has since been soundproofed with styrofoam and duct tape. How do I cover this? I thought tapestry but it looked weird when half my wall was covered and the other half wasn't. I have both a Joann's fabric and an Ikea nearby so I was thinking of buying fabric to just cover the entire wall.

Furniture... It just doesn't look good to me the way it is currently arrange (too cluttered, etc). I have a standing table that I use as a desk (i need to for health concerns, sitting desks are out) and I don't have a lot of money to drop on a new one.

Floor plan: https://planner5d.com/gallery/view/?...2#.UgKPL8V4esQ
Pictures:
  1. Soundproof door, desk, and entrance
  2. Other angle of desk, entrance and closet
  3. Bed and windows, opposite side of desk, small night stand not pictured
  4. Dresser
  5. Some Shelves and door that needs to be covered
I also can't really switch the desk and bed with each other but everything else is fair game.

My main concern right now is to cover the ugly soundproofing, but I also feel the desk is too cluttered and my room just feels unwelcoming... PLEASE HELP!

Advertisement

newroomblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 712

Soundproofed a Door, Need Help Hiding!

My first thought is using duct tape was a really bad plan. It's going to peel off the paint when it's removed and leave sticky goo all over the door. Land lords going to love that one.

Advertisement

Tags
apartment , wall covering