Shelves - Interior Decorating - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-30-2011, 01:17 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

shelves

I have 2 shelves that are made of particle board and I put them together by sliding them into groves. I want to know where I can find them again. I bought the ones I have from Home Depot. I looked there online and didn't see them.

Advertisement

kittyshdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

shelves

I think you are referring to RTA (ready to assemble) furniture. Especially shelving units, are available all over. The office supply places have all kinds of options in different colors in catalogs if not on the floors. I have never bought anything from them but IKEA may be near inconic in its association with RTA furniture?

www.ikea-usa.com

In NYC I bought white buffet units for an enormous amount of money for what was laminated partical board from Conran's but they fit perfectly. It looked great and I made no attempts to move it once assembled. I was only there for a stay, not a lifetime. Target has small bathroom sorts of shelving units RTA. Some of the stuff KMart carries, made in Vietnam of all places (brings back some strange memories), is great looking stuff and not particle board.

Or were you hinting at something else?

If you are careful, RTA can be great. It is laminate over particle board (usually). In my opinion it is for adults and not households with kids unless yours wear foam rubber suits and travel only in first gear around the house.

Advertisement

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:53 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 250

shelves

If you post a picture of what you have maybe we can help you find it or give you information on how to make one yourself.

www.picturetrail.com/mickey51
m1951mm is offline   Reply With Quote