Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-06-2011, 10:24 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Selecting curtains

I have recently painted the master bedroom with an accent wall being at the foot of the bed & the remainder walls a different color. Accent wall is a Benjamin Moore Aura Eggshell color: Jamestown Blue or HC-148 & the remainder walls were painted an Eggshell Silken Pine or 2144-50. My question is how to select curtain color and must it be an exact match to my accent wall or may I go say a deeper shade of blue?
Thnx Jude
Attached Images

Diytodolist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:31 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Selecting curtains

Your curtains can be any color you choose. Same blue, lighter blue, darker blue or ANY color YOU feel looks good. You might consider bringing in a patterned fabric pulling in a variety of colors, think of it as adding another piece of art work to the walls. Being that this is a bedroom, have you picked out your bed furnishings as of yet???? That may be a good place to start to get ideas as to how to dress the windows. Curtains are not a total necessity. You could choose blinds with a valance or cornace. So many ways to go.

Just as a note: I always pick my fabrics for a room prior to selecting the paint color. It is much easier to find a paint color that works well with the fabric and not as easy to find a fabric you like that goes with the walls.

www.picturetrail.com/mickey51
m1951mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:02 AM   #3

Selecting curtains

I agree selecting curtains first would be easier. I should explain, I have white wooden blinds with valance. Townhome was built 2008. A few neutral colors were the only choices by the builder at the time.So 2 yrs later I needed some vibrants & enjoy being in my home. I want to add a rod over valance for curtains. I want the room to feel cozy, keep out some heat & lighting.
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 250

Selecting curtains

Sorry I did not get back sooner. I still think you need to address your bed coverings before you make a decision on the curtains. Do you have a bed spread or something you will be using for the bed? There are so many ways to make everything work together, and not always store bought things, custom made can solve any issue.

www.picturetrail.com/mickey51
m1951mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #5

Selecting curtains

Thank You very much.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #6
Dytecture

Rewards Points: 75

Selecting curtains

Depending on your style, I think any of the fabrics on the right will work with those colors.
Attached Thumbnails
Selecting curtains-diytodolist-dy.jpg  

dytecture is offline   Reply With Quote