DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Removing wall sticking goop from back of mirror.

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Terry383 
#1 ·
I just purchased a very nice mirror with a curved top from the local Habitat store.

It has some leftover goop that was used to stick it to the wall. If I use a dull scraper very softly will it pull off the silvering on the mirror?

I also thought of just trying to pull it off the back of the mirror, but I saw that it has lots of sticking power as it pulled off some of the paper from the drywall when it was taken off.

Any other method of taking this off that anyone knows about?:confused1:

#3 ·
I think you are correct, I just pulled the backing that was there from the wall and used a serrated knife to take off the excess blobs but not down to the mirror.

I was worried about it sticking never thought of the wax paper, thanks, you have solved by problem.

#5 ·
I had the opposit situation. I had the sticky goop left over from taking mirrors off my cupboards (not sure why they were there in the first place)
I used tsp after cutting the majority of it off and i was able to get if off the wood without wrecking it. I know a mirror is a bit different tho.
What about that goo be gone, that might work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.