Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-29-2007, 12:35 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Privacy window film

We recently added a second cat to our home, and she does not tolerate the other cat. We don't want to get rid of either cat, so we found a way to permanetly separate them. This has worked well, except tfor he sliding glass door in the living room. I was thinking about a privacy window film for the lower half of the glass door, which would be decorative, and still prevent the one cat from seeing the other.

Before I go this route, I was wondering if anyone had another idea of how to block their view...maybe something cheaper or simplier.

Thanks

Last edited by cactusrose1949; 11-29-2007 at 02:38 PM.
cactusrose1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:55 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,018

Privacy window film

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusrose1949 View Post
We recently added a second cat to our home, and she does not tolerate the other cat. We don't want to get rid of either cat, so we found a way to permanetly separate them. This has worked well, except tfor he sliding glass door in the living room. I was thinking about a privacy window film for the lower half of the glass door, which would be decorative, and still prevent the one cat from seeing the other.

Before I go this route, I was wondering if anyone had another idea.
Even if the cats can't see each other, I'm sure they can sense or smell each other. Cat senses are way beyond humans.

handy man88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:21 PM   #3

Privacy window film

Thanks for you reply.

Like you say, they are aware each other is there, but as long as they don't see each other, there is no problem. I only want to prevent them from seeing each other while one is in the porch and the other in the living room.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:01 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 75

Privacy window film

Try the vinyl window films from a big box. They aren't permanent, are pretty cheap and come in lots of styles. After a looooonnngggg time the cats might just tolerate each other
Concordseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:23 PM   #5

Privacy window film

Thanks a lot....I'll check it out
Old 12-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 25

Privacy window film

Hi, cactusrose1949
You can get window film that looks like a mirror. When installed ,the side with the most light.....outside during the day and then inside at night will be the side that has the mirror reflection. I have used this type in the past..for a different reason than yours but it worked well.

kjwoodworking is offline   Reply With Quote