Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-26-2009, 09:08 AM   #1

Share |

Paint, Curtain & Accent Colors???

Ok... I have attached a picture of my living room and new furniture.

The living room picture was taken while we were still moving in (please excuse the mess, lol). The fireplace and carpet are staying as is - disregard everything else.

I prefer a warm, cozy/comfy feel.

So, what colors would you suggest painting the walls? What color curtains would you use (there is a 10 ft long window on the right wall)? And... What color accents would you add?

Thanks a bunch! =)
Attached Thumbnails
Paint, Curtain & Accent Colors???-l_f7cd9994d64742912be140b9b205f71c.jpg   Paint, Curtain & Accent Colors???-furniture.jpg  

KitKat70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #2

How about cream orange or tahitian orange wallls with light olive green curtains?

iphaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:26 PM   #3

I can't really tell what colour the carpet is, but if it is a beige colour then its pretty neutral and you can go with just about anything.

I would work off the colour palate in the fireplace. You can even go with a shade in the same family as the colour of the mortar inbetween the bricks on the fireplace.

The curtains can be the beginning of your accent colour. You can do two panels on each side if privacy is not an issue. Maybe in a beautiful rich brown.

You can also add some colour with blue if you go with brown curtains, or a nice luxurious burgundy.

Just my opinion.
yummy mummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:03 AM   #4

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat70 View Post
Ok... I have attached a picture of my living room and new furniture.

The living room picture was taken while we were still moving in (please excuse the mess, lol). The fireplace and carpet are staying as is - disregard everything else.

I prefer a warm, cozy/comfy feel.

So, what colors would you suggest painting the walls? What color curtains would you use (there is a 10 ft long window on the right wall)? And... What color accents would you add?

Thanks a bunch! =)
I like the couch design and color . well! i have loads of color ideas popping in my head after i have seen that couch.

1- Flamingo red color in the background with a lot of lighting would give the room a cozy warm effect.

2- Green - some light dull shade of green would look good as well.

3- Lilac and beige goes good together too. try something around those two tones too.
Dana11 is offline   Reply With Quote