Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Odd Mirror Situation... Anyone have a solution!? (see attachement)

Our bathroom has a window right in the middle of the only wall that a mirror could be used on. So, currently there is a mirror in the corner (two pieces of mirror at a 90 degree angle) that is very awkward to use. Its almost as if the bathroom was an afterthought when the home was built.

We would like to place some sort of sliding mirror(s) or ANYTHING where the red line is in the diagram. We want to be able to move the mirrors so that the window can be used still. The window is 39"x41".

We do not need shelving behind the mirror as we are already living without it. Is there anything out there that is already made for this type of situation? I cannot find any sliding mirrors except those tiny ones with shelving inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Odd Mirror Situation... Anyone have a solution!? (see attachement)-diagram.jpg  

Last edited by flipjarg; 03-23-2012 at 08:17 PM.
flipjarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #2

Build one,make it slide like a by- pass door or if you can make it like a pocket door?

Ravenworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #3

Bypass doors are what inspired me. I was thinking about building something but it makes me nervous since that would be a pretty big piece of glass to slide around. I really like that pocket door idea. I never thought of that.

To my surprise, my wife is actually considering the first thing that I saw as an easy way out... extension mirrors! Then we would put a full length mirror on one of the doors.

Has anyone used extension mirrors before? Any thoughts on extension mirrors?
Old 03-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #4

Room permitting you could have a mirror with holes drilled into it and bolt rollers onto it mount a track above,think "barn door".
Therefore you could make the mirror any size and the hole's would on cost a few bucks.
When it came to a mirror for my bathroom I couldn't find one we liked and the ones in the stores are cheap,so I had one made and it only cost me $88.00.
You could also add a magnifying one behind the first one ( I know women like them)
Ravenworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #5

Awesome! Thanks for the info! I will share this with my wife and see what solution we come to.

Tags
bathroom, mirror, window