New Home - Old Schoolhouse - Interior Decorating - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-12-2008, 08:05 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

New Home - Old Schoolhouse

Hi - my husband and I just bought our first home - a remodeled 1914 schoolhouse. We have not spent any time/money in decorating thus far and need some suggestions. The main room we're having trouble with is the living room/dining room area. It is the first thing you see when you enter the house. We have 14' ceilings and 11' windows. We have the original chestnut floors and painted plank walls. We also have a black woodstove in the center of the room. My husband likes neutral colors and I'm a big fan of prints. If you could offer us any decorating suggestions, we'd be very grateful. We need ideas for furniture, furniture arrangement, colors, window treatments, and anything else you may have to offer. We are very open to suggestions. Thanks!!

Pictures:
http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk63/garbovt/

Advertisement

GarboVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:53 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

New Home - Old Schoolhouse

I know nothing about decorating, but I enjoyed you photos. I'd say you place has great possibilities. A nice place to call home!

Advertisement

bofusmosby is offline   Reply With Quote