Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-23-2011, 01:48 AM   #1

Share |

new entry way cabinet

I bought a dresser/cabinet sort of item today at Restore and I instantly saw in my mind what I wanted to do with it. On the left side, a tilt out trash can for our recycling, and on the right side, two shelves with bins for our shoes. I can't wait to get started on this project but have one little problem. I have NO idea what to do with the exterior. It is in good condition, pine, I think. No gloss. Should I stain it or paint it? I was thinking about doing something bold with it, like a bright color, but I just don't know! Any suggestions on a color or stain that would work well. We have lots of sage/butter cream colors in our home and the walls are an off white. Thanks!
witsgoeilh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #2

new entry way cabinet

From your post I cant tell if the piece is already finished now or not. Is it? and is it stained wood with a finish on it?

Just giving some thought to this, what would be most practical? As a recycle bin and shoe holder I am not so sure a painted finish that could get dirty and or nicked up is your best choice. A stained wood finish with a good coat or two of poly on it would show much less dirt and with stand much more cleaning.

If the piece is already finished maybe doing a distress paint finish on it would be a good choice.

Can you take of pic of the piece and where it will go????? Could give more ideas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
m1951mm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
painting