Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #1

Share |

Need Help with Wall Paint Color Selection

I am struggling with how to make-over a formal sitting room. The furniture is white with one blue wicker chair. The painting is bright, bold colors and the carpet is a neutral tan, slightly on the yellow side. The accents pieces are pewter/silver. I was given some accent pieces of red (throw, pillows, ect) but that has never really worked for me. The walls are currently a dusty blue/gray.

I have been using the BM color selector, but I can't seem to find the "just right" color. I did think the color 'stunning' was nice, but is it too much blue?? And what would be my accent color pieces such as pillows.

I have a huge window to the right of the couch. I need to add curtains, but have no idea what color.

I would like to stay away for green sage type colors and terracotta. I already have those colors in separate rooms. The kitchen is next to this room and the walls are a warm brown.

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Need Help with Wall Paint Color Selection-white-room.jpg  

l_lynn_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #2

Talia,

Thanks for your input. I agree, green doesn't work; and since I already have a green room (sage), I don't want two of them.

I have been using the paint selector tool from BMoore. The only color I seem to think might work is the color "stunning". I then toyed with the idea of a gray color. Then I wondered if it isn't so much about the wall color but maybe the accent pieces.

Maybe I should just pick a safe neutral tone like beige, but I like color. Not real sure why this room is so difficult for me!

l_lynn_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #3

What about a very very light yellow....Not a bright yellow or a deep yellow...perhaps a offwhite yellow...
jiagia is offline   Reply With Quote