Need Help With Rugs And Cabinet! - Interior Decorating - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-31-2014, 01:29 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Need help with rugs and cabinet!

Hello, we just moved to a new apt and I am having some problems buying furniture.
We bought rich brown leather couches, have a glass dining table with grey leather chairs and have black hardwood floors (I know, dont ask, we are renting, we got it like that).
So I am looking to give some colors with area rugs, need rugs for couches area and nearby alcove area, so they should complement each other, was thinking of orange/red tones. Where can I buy decently priced ones, I don't want to pend too much as my toddler will probably spill food on them on a regular basis.

Also, I need ideas for a piece/cabinet to store glassware on top and food on the bottom (no room in kitchen) ... Something probably glass doors on top and wooden doors with knows so I can lock with a string (b/c of my curious toddler) on bottom ... Only thing I found were linen caninets and my husband doesn't want a linen cabinet in the living room ... Any suggestions?

Last thing, I need cool ideas to store my toddler's toys, they are everywhere!
My alcove area near the living room is still empty I wanted to turn it into a den b/c the living room has no tv, I would have put a sofa bed there and a recliner but my husband hates sofa beds as he claims they are uncomfortable, I want guests to be able to sleep there if necessary... Any other suggestion?

Any help is apprecited!
Thanks!

Advertisement

Mika123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:49 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 60

Need help with rugs and cabinet!

Shades of gray, black and white rugs make easy partners for a brown leather sofa.
For your cabinets, color them with top white cabinets, bottom grey cabinets and countertop white.

Advertisement

alexdavid is offline   Reply With Quote