DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Need help decorating living room please!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dytecture 
#1 ·
I have no idea what to do with this room. It is our formal living room, which is open to our dining room. We have another family room where the TV is, so we aren't putting one in this space. I just am lost for ideas. We had the love seat that matches that sofa in an "L" shape next to the other one, across from the big empty wall - but my husband didn't like it there. He said it makes the space feel too closed off. I think the fireplace throws it off because it is against the wall, and then I feel like if we put anything against that wall it makes it too off-centered. But leaving nothing there makes it feel too bare. I thought about getting a couple of wing-back chairs to face the fireplace? But then still - what to put on that wall? The picture that is there is only temporary - we stuck it up when we moved in, but don't like it there. Sorry for the long post - thanks in advance for any input/ideas!

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.