Need Help Decorating Living Room Please! - Interior Decorating - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-18-2011, 02:34 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Need help decorating living room please!

I have no idea what to do with this room. It is our formal living room, which is open to our dining room. We have another family room where the TV is, so we aren't putting one in this space. I just am lost for ideas. We had the love seat that matches that sofa in an "L" shape next to the other one, across from the big empty wall - but my husband didn't like it there. He said it makes the space feel too closed off. I think the fireplace throws it off because it is against the wall, and then I feel like if we put anything against that wall it makes it too off-centered. But leaving nothing there makes it feel too bare. I thought about getting a couple of wing-back chairs to face the fireplace? But then still - what to put on that wall? The picture that is there is only temporary - we stuck it up when we moved in, but don't like it there. Sorry for the long post - thanks in advance for any input/ideas!
Attached Images

Advertisement

Megahmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
Dytecture

Rewards Points: 75

The picture took a long time to load, it's more clear now about your situation

Advertisement

Last edited by dytecture; 10-19-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Picture didn't load
dytecture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
Dytecture

Rewards Points: 75

Hello again, I would suggest changing the wall color, putting a sofa against the wall and have a single sofa angled towards the fireplace so it still feels open.
Attached Thumbnails
Need help decorating living room please!-megahmom-dy.jpg  
dytecture is offline   Reply With Quote