Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

My Living Room Needs Color! :)

I am trying to add color to my living room. It is way too dark right now. I am not in the market (budget) to buy new furniture so all large pieces must stay. I am looking at possiblities of adding a rug under the table, pillows, and different panels (maybe even changing to a full length rod) Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
My Living Room Needs Color!  :)-img_4290.jpg   My Living Room Needs Color!  :)-img_4291.jpg  

Last edited by Golf4Life; 08-27-2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: UPDATE!!
Golf4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:32 AM   #2

Yours is an easy fix.
Pillows would add a good splash of colour. Like lime green or powder blue. The candle on the table already pops.
You could add a vase or some other object in the same colour to the mantle.
It wouldn't hurt to lighten the shade of carpet, especially with a baby. Darker shades show every tiniest piece of lint

creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #3

First off, you have a lovely home. Maybe, you could change the color of the curtains and throw pillows. You could also put a vase somewhere with flowers bursting with varied colors in it.
Fishinbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #4

Here is a picture of things I am trying. The panels are obviously the wrong size (length) but I liked the color with the pillows and will order longer lengths if color works out. Thoughts? What else should I add?
Attached Thumbnails
My Living Room Needs Color!  :)-img_4306.jpg  

Last edited by Golf4Life; 08-27-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Golf4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:56 AM   #5

Innovative and unique styles added new life into your home.Colors also play an important role in this regard.My interior home decoration is now taking new shape.Lot of things now included in interior home designing just like modern and stylish furniture collections.Mostly added light red and orange colors there.
I will be next time post its photo here.This will be helpful for you taking nice ideas from there.
Cortez8100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #6

Hi,
Your livingroom furniture are in dark colors so, u have to have light colors in walls.
Some interior designers recommend having a lighter colored floor and ceiling and darker walls in smaller spaces. This give the illusion of increased space.
but kindly note u have dark furniture as in the photo
Rotana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #7

I think golden textured walls would looks fabulous.
bballallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #8

your upgrades already make a fabulous difference. i would try a brightly colored rug under the table
firsttimeremode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #9
DIY-er

Do you need to have any curtains at all? Will the blinds be enought to block out the light? I find the curtains to be really distracting and attention-grabbing, when they should probably just melt into the decor of the room. If you need to have the curtains, I would try something even lighter, a very light tan or light olive green to match the olive in the pillows and candle.

You have an interesting mix of modern and traditional elements in your home. Perhaps the curtains could have a modern, funky pattern with olive, white, tan colours?

Kevin
www.home-additions-startup-guide.com

KevinPh is offline   Reply With Quote