Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Mount Glass or Acrylic Pane on Wall

I'm making the office space in my house nicer and more usable. I came across an idea to replace my old whiteboard with a Lexan Pane or Glass.

In either case I want to mount the pane on the wall so that there is a small space between the wall and the pane.

So what I am curious about is if there is a why to safely and securely mount a piece of glass in that manner and hopefully have it look nice?

EDIT: forgot to mention that the Lexan/Glass won't be more than three feet wide and two feet high.

Last edited by khail; 12-05-2011 at 03:34 PM.
khail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

Mount Glass or Acrylic Pane on Wall

If you use lexan you can do an almost invisible install by driving some flat head screws into the wall at the corners and midpoints---measure carefully. Glue tiny (1/16 or 1/8" D) super magnets to the back of the lexan to match up with the screw heads---again measure carefully. Stack them to the desired thickness. Fit the panel in place.

This might work for glass too but it is heavier. You might have to drill it and using a nylon spacer and screw anchors.

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote