Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-12-2008, 11:37 AM   #1

Share |

Looking for suggestions for a sunroom

We're in the final stages of rennovating our breezeway/sunroom project. It's about 10x14, and it has windows on both exterior walls, french doors leading into the room from the dining room.

We initially painted the walls a light blue. We then really liked a dark floor, and I installed it this weekend. We want to keep the rest light, but we're not sure about the light blue walls anymore. This room gets a ton of natural light because of all the windows (which face east & west), so we want to keep it light and natural/earth tones. We're also looking to add a countertop (my wife wants it some shade of green) in one corner (to have an eating area overlooking the backyard), and have a couch along one of the walls. We also have no clue as to what colors those should be. Any sunroom pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for suggestions for a sunroom-dscn3923.jpg  

ktulu05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:51 PM   #2

The floor looks nice,there are alot of colors in the tile so you have many choices to work with there. The current wall color picks up the light gray veins in the tile. If you want a green counter top you are probably going to be repainting for it all to blend.
I would suggest taking a tile with you when you pick out the counter top. Once the countertop is chosen then pick out your new paint color. Would love to have a sunroom.
Please post pictures of the finished room.

darlenep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:51 PM   #3

No issue with repainting...assuming we can find a color that works. I've done all the work myself, so the only cost in re-painting is an hour and a gallon of paint.

If you look close at the tile, you can see some green and even some copper-like colors, if you squint hard enough. A light beige wall is the obvious choice, but we don't want to do that.
ktulu05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 02:25 PM   #4

Even more color options with the green and copper,I cant see them on the laptop. You could go with a green paint that is in the same color family as the tile.
You could also tile the counter top with the same tile you used on the floor. Just an idea.
darlenep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 05:59 PM   #5
Edie

If you want to keep it light and airy, take a look at all the whites at your paint store. You'll be able to find all kinds of whites with lovely hints of colour - you could find one with a hint of green, for example. The thing is, if you go for a distinct colour in a bright sunny room you may find the colour is too much.

Another option is = when you find a colour you like, go down one or two shades on the paint-chip card - get a sample of that colour if you can and try it on a section of your wall to see how the light plays off of it.

Good luck!
EdinDesign is offline   Reply With Quote