Looking for color advise
My wife and I are undecided on what color to paint the living room, once I finish removing the paneling. We've each suggested a few colors, but each has its own problems. Here are some of the criteria for our choice:
1. After the walls are painted, all the trim will be painted in an off white. I'm also going to be adding crown molding, which will also be off white. I was hoping to paint the ceiling a lighter shade of the same color as the walls, but off white is also an option.
2. We like our curtains! They're light green, as shown in the attached photos, although the photo doesn't quite catch the shade of green accurately. We're in the process now of trying to find identical curtains (or material) for the other windows in this room.
3. The plan is to eventually install some sort of hardwood lookalike flooring, so we're trying to keep that in mind when choosing wall colors.
4. The kitchen, which is adjacent to the living room, is dark red (with a hint of purple to it), so the living room shouldn't clash.
5. Lighting: The living room has a small west window, 2 north windows, an east window, and the door, which has glass in it, faces east. However, we keep the curtains closed most of the time. Besides, in Alaska, it's hard to base color decisions off of lighting, because of all the odd sunrise/sunset times... not to mention that Juneau is usually cloudy most of the time.
So far, we've considered (and turned down) several colors: light blue, light green (too much green in the room), white (not enough contrast), mocha brown (too dark, can't find a lighter ceiling color to match), and beige/tan. My wife's latest suggestion is to paint the walls the same color as the paneling that I'm tearing down. I don't think it's a bad idea, but it's not my first choice either. Also, after recently watching some home improvement shows, I'm curious about shades of orange - not caution tape or Home Depot orange, but maybe something peachy, or maybe a darker sorta burnt orange.
Anyway, enough rambling from me. I'd appreciate any suggestions!