Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-07-2009, 04:49 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Looking to buy fire doors?

Can anybody suggest me from where should I buy fire doors?

Alex Harvwey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:13 AM   #2
BUILDER / REMODELING CONT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Harvwey View Post
Can anybody suggest me from where should I buy fire doors?
your best bet would be to go to your Lumber yard, they could also be ordered from your big box stores (HD Lowes) I personally would stay away from there, Good Luck BOB

buletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:01 AM   #3
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

If you are looking for "fire-rated doors" (i.e. - between garage and home), then Home Depot and Lowes carry them in stock. I believe they are 1 hour rated. Realize that these are comprised of the door, in the frame, as a fire-rated door is the whole door arrangement (not just the door slab/leaf).

If you are looking for a higher rated (90 minute + rating) fire door, then something like that would have to be ordered from the previously mentioned places.

Alternately, a high rated door system, may be in stock at a commercial supply house, that specializes in interior materials (like sheetorck, ceilings, steel frame and doors).
AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #4
Drywall contractor

An option that may or may not be viable.... Locally, I buy commercially rated fire doors through Overhead Doors. They are an international company, known for residential garage doors/commercial "roll up" doors . Here in the Atlanta area they have a separate entity for any kind of "regular swing" fire rated door you need. The roll-up company (Yellow Pages) can get you to the commercial door branch if there is one locally. You can generally go get what you need directly from them if a drywall supply does not stock what you need and you don't want to wait.