Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-23-2008, 10:06 AM   #1

Share |

looking for a blue/grey, blue/brown, or brown/grey recommendation

We recently painted out dining room a 50% wasabi green with a chocolate color under the chair rail. The green continues into the kitchen. I like the green but have mixed feelings about the chocolate. Anyway, we're moving into the living room and I think I want a very calm color on the walls but it needs to "work" with the dining room color. We've been using all Ben Moore C2 colors and paint and we've sampled several colors but everything ends up too dark, too powdery blue or has green/yellow undertones that we don't want.

Does anyone have specific C2 color ideas that we could evaluate? We have white oak floors and brown leather furniture. I will bring in some red or orange color accents but I do want the room to appear calm and soothing. The last thing we tried was a 50% sharkfin but it's not quite right. I can find the other samples we tried when I get home.

jheavner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:24 AM   #2
wilderstyle

looking for a blue/grey, blue/brown, or brown/grey recommendation

Try the grey tones with the brown and green. Grey is a serene neutral that will calm you and the wasabi down a bit. Maybe in the limestone range.

wilderstyle is offline   Reply With Quote