Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-21-2009, 09:10 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Loft Bed Trouble

I hope this is the right thread to post this in. Please forgive me if it's not. I'm in a big mess right now. I recently bought an Ikea Full Tromso loft bed off of craigslist.com. What the seller failed to inform me of, however, is that he had altered it. He cut the legs off by a good 20 inches and reglued the caps back on. I didn't realize this unil I purchased it, drove it 100 miles home, and painted it.

Now I'm stuck with a funny looking loft bed that really serves no purpose, as it's too short to really put anything beneath it. It's made of metal, so I really can't think of any way to alter it. I was considering putting 'bed risers' beneath it (plastic or wooden blocks made specifically to raise a bed by 7 inches) but I worry that the already top-heavy loft bed might tip. Would the weight of the bed and the wide width of the bed risers negate this possibility? Please help me!! My first lesson of college: ALWAYS be suspicious of a seller.

taurewyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:28 AM   #2
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Rewards Points: 2,000

Loft Bed Trouble

Bump for the OP.

AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote