Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-08-2009, 04:13 PM   #1

Share |
Question

Kids bathrom

Hey all,
My wife and I are looking for ways to add color and fun to our guest bathroom the is currently being used (or should I say slowly destroyed ) by our 9 and 4 year old boys, but do not have a very extensive renovation budget.
one of our ideas is to add 2 frames so to speak to the existing 33" x 36" flat wall mirror for each boy to view into while brushing their teeth or just generally being vain.
We want to use mildly decorative door trim to construct 2 12"x19" frames and then paint them bright, fun colors. Of course letting the boys decorate the to taste.
My question to all you DYI'ers out there is, what adhesive should we consider for applying the wood or vinyl door trim frames to the standard wall mirror.

Thanks to all,

ADAM HOBAN
ADAMHOBAN@COX.NET
PHOENIX, AZ

adamhoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #2

Kids bathrom

Hi Adam and welcome to the site I've got 3boys and 1 girl and they are all as vain as one another, but I don't understand your question.

billy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:35 PM   #3

Question

Kids bathrom

Sorry Billy,
I am trying to figure out what type of adhesive is best for attaching wood or vinyl onto a glass mirror.
adamhoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #4

Kids bathrom

There are some comments on a similar topic several threads down...

'glue to a mirror'

Might be something useful there.
7echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
World's Tallest Midget

Kids bathrom

Without trying to advertise something, we did an undersea theme on our old house. We painted waves about a foot from the top of the ceiling, a lighter blue for the sky (with clouds and everything), a darker blue for the water, and kelp and coral on the bottom, a bunch of fish (paint and sticker), the whole bit.

Of course, I say "we" like I had anything to do with it. It was mostly my mother-in-law.
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote