DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

interior door color?

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  mferguson0414 
#1 ·
I am in the process of painting my bedroom doors and bathroom doors in my 1905 house. They were already painted so i'm not going to strip them completely to the natural finish. I am done with repairing holes and filling in cracks and sanding to a good surface for priming. So my question is, what color should I paint them, the wife and I cant decide. The walls in the living room are a grey color, a darker grey for the living room, and about 4 shades lighter for the wall going upstairs. We had tossed around the idea to paint the doors grey... But i'm looking into the future for potential homebuyers, and don't want to further scare them with all sorts of colors in the house. So options are one of the two grey colors, or a nice crisp white that we already have also.

#8 ·
Used a 6" foam roller on doors and they came out fine. A painter I talked with said they were good for smooth things like doors. I did have a bit of foaming/bubble problems painting some pvc wainscot with a foam roller, but I think that was related to adding floetrol. When I paint my next 3 doors I will use a foam roller. If it gets bubbles I can easily tip it off with a brush.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.