Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Interior Bedroom Decorating

I need help arranging furniture that I have and furniture that I will also get.

I have attached some pics of my bedroom so far. I'm kinda not happy with it.

What can I do so I can make it look better and also have the following that I want.

I will be getting a flat screen tv and I need to place is somehow in the room where I can easily watch it from a small couch or something I could sit on to watch the TV. You can see I have a computer on that desk of mine. I will be getting rid of that table to get a new tabel with drawers and have some desk lamps and such on the table. As for the walls, I'm thinking of putting a picture somewhere above my bed or something.

I also want to kinda have a small table where when people come in then can put stuff down on it or have some drinks on it. What do you guys think of that small table I have beside my bed and have the legs chopped off a tiny bit to shorten it since its a bit tall.

I just kinda feel like the room feels VERY HALLOW and needs a better rearranging and maybe some additional items to make it more comfortable for hanging out and watching a bit of tv on some kinda of seat or sofa and also be able to do my computer work.

Also I am thinking of putting some curtains over those blinds since the light seems to shine right through those blinds too early in the morning and always wakes me up and can't really get my sleep.

Also, I was thinking of adding a area rug since I have no privacy in this room and the sound from this room can be heard from anywhere in my house.

Can you guys suggest me what I can put in or take out or move around to have the feel I want? I greatly appreciate it. I'm new here and this forum is looking great.
Attached Thumbnails
Interior Bedroom Decorating-img00310-20100706-1306.jpg   Interior Bedroom Decorating-img00311-20100706-1306.jpg   Interior Bedroom Decorating-img00312-20100706-1306.jpg   Interior Bedroom Decorating-img00313-20100706-1307.jpg  

cheece2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:47 PM   #2

How about installing a beautiful Italian wall applique over your bed. With a simple application process you can achieve tremendous visual impact or create a striking focal point in your room. The applique designs are easily applied and painted adding a three dimensional look and feel to your room. Maybe the decor multiple might be the way to go. You can put them over your bed making your room look very cool and chic at the same time.

Good luck, Kathleen

Last edited by Scuba_Dave; 11-01-2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: re
walltrendz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:23 AM   #3

First of all you must clean up and straighten everything before you can figure out the best layout. Put the bed against a wall to save space. Your small, square white table can be placed on the left of the computer desk.
AlyssaQB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:27 PM   #4

I agree with a general decluttering. I think 3 pictures or a large picture above your bed would look great. I think storage would be in your benefit as well, but I don’t think I would get a very large desk due to limited space. I actually like the desk you have, but I would maybe add some floating shelves above the desk to bring the desk upward. You could also cover the cushion on your chair and paint the chair to match the room. I think framing your posters would be a good idea along with a nice rug. As far as curtains, I’m thinking sheer curtains would keep the room light. If you want to block light, maybe a bamboo shade. I like the colors of your room a lot. I also think replacing the over head light with something modern would complete the room. Update with pics when you are finished if you can
krankie is offline   Reply With Quote