Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-09-2012, 12:24 AM   #1

Share |

i want to deorate my living room

I want to decarate my living room but it is to small and I don't know where to put the couch because i want the couch too face tyhe tv but it seems to small. So my questions is is there any way i can organise my couch or tv to make it face each other? And also i do not want this wood floor it has rust all over . Is any sugestions of any cheap wood or carpet floor?

cherixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

First thing I think you should do is scale your space so you have it on paper to work with. You can then move furniture, televisions, and all around until you like the arrangement. Sweet Home 3D is free, open source software that does great floorplans. It has great symbol libraries for furniture and things too. You can move them around with a mouse click.

Do you watch tv sitting and looking at it straight on or do you usually cuddle up with a blanket, so/spouse/boyfriend or cat and watch it so your neck gets a king in it. Maybe the tv does not need to be directly in front of the couch as a worship object?

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
DIY-er

Many stores have online room planners that help you arrange furniture. I have links to a number of them on my website http://www.home-additions-startup-gu...cor-ideas.html

For flooring, there are many inexpensive options, usually laminate or vinyl is the cheapest. Laminate comes in many colours and wood patterns, while vinyl can look like wood, tile or stone.
KevinPh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #4

If you have to put your couch catty cornered it could create some space in the middle, and you would still be able to see the TV. Do you have any pictures?
tiger500 is offline   Reply With Quote