DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Help painting and decorating a kitchen/dining room

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  sasha689 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all. I have just found this forum and sounds like you guys give great advice! I have just painted my kitchen cabinets and I want to paint my walls but I cannot decide on a color. I am thinking about either a green or caramelized orange (a behr color) or something similar to that. I would love to do the square wainscoting but I'm not sure if it would work as the room is not symmetric. The countertops are white but I plan to do something with them soon to warm them up. It is a kitchen/dining room combo with a chair rail, Im not sure if I should do a single color, dark and light color or what! Here are some pics of so far (I'm priming the bottom, it was a yucky hunter green). The border around the top is coming down and I want to get away from the fruit theme that I currently have. Maybe someone can help me decide!

(sample of counter top I liked)

See less See more
#5 ·
WOW...that's amazing! Thank you! I think I am gonna go with the orange, well it's kinda a burnt orange color. I love the counter top, those are the colors I imagined. I am going to try to paint them and then put poly on top for shine. right now they are just cheap laminate but we cant really afford new ones right now so maybe I can fix em up! I'll try to post up some more pics when I finally get some color on the walls!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.