Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #1

Share |

Help decorating my new bedroom!

Hello everyone. I'm new to the board but from reading through a few posts this looks like the right place to ask for help.

I'm moving into a new apartment in a couple weeks and I need to furnish my bedroom.

here's a picture of the bedroom (dark hardwood floor, grey walls and white trim)

What I'm having the most trouble doing is picking colours for my furniture. I'm looking to buy a bed frame, dresser, blinds/shades, desk and rug(s).

I literally have no clue what colours would look good here. Please help!

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:08 AM   #2

With what you have existing most any color will work. Both the gray and the dark floors are such neutral colors and blend well with the whole color wheel. Your first step I would think would be to decide if you want bright and playful colors, calm colors, etc.---because the choice of color will dictate how the room makes you feel. Have you given any thought to that?????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
m1951mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1951mm View Post
With what you have existing most any color will work. Both the gray and the dark floors are such neutral colors and blend well with the whole color wheel. Your first step I would think would be to decide if you want bright and playful colors, calm colors, etc.---because the choice of color will dictate how the room makes you feel. Have you given any thought to that?????

I was thinking since I'm mostly going to be spending all my time in the room at night I'd like to have brighter colours but calming at the same time.
jamz is offline   Reply With Quote