DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

glue to a mirror

22K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  AllenB 
#1 ·
Id like to glue some wood leters (available at a craft store nearby) to a mirror (also some other things like a bike chain)...However, I want to minimize the uglyness of the glue on the backs of the letters (since you will probebly see them in the reflection on the mirror)...I was wondering what glue I should use (aka what glue dries clear and can apply both wood and metal to the verysmooth front of a mirror?)???(for example - typical crazy or super glue, epoxy of some sort, rubber cement, common wood glue)???

#5 ·
To conceal the ugliness: Paint the back of the letters black - or the same color as the surrounding walls around the mirror. This helps hide their reflection.

To make it stick better: scratch the glass under where you want to glue. Of course, you don't want to do this if you will ever use the mirror for something else.

To glue it: loctite and others make glue for gluing rear view mirrors to windshields. I would try one of those glues - check out auto supply stores.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.