Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Film / Photo Studio Interior Design

Hello, I have been doing some research to find a good forum for some advice and thoughts about a film / photo studio interior design and came across this forum with some great information.

I am the owner of a 8,000 square foot film / photo production studio with a soundstage, editing suite and offices. What we are trying to do is design a clean and modern studio that is visually appealing and relaxing. I am at the point now where the contractors want paint colors, cabinet colors / design, flooring, countertops etc. I have been thinking about colors and design but wanted some advice and thoughts about what I am doing to be sure I am on the right track.

Wall Color
For all the walls I would do Smoke Embers (AC-28) and for all the accent walls I would do Kendall Charcoal (HC-166). The hallways will be the Smoke Embers color.

Flooring
Hardwood throughout and the color would be dark wood like espresso. In the bathroom I am thinking about using a dark slate12 X 12 tile.

Cabinets
For cabinets I am thinking a modern design cabinet that are close to the same color as the floors, that dark espresso.

Counter Tops
TI am thinking about a white or a light grey counter.

Doors
For all the doors in the entire place I was thinking about matching the floor color.

Door Frames
I was thinking about matching all the door frames to the accent walls, the Kendall Charcoal.

Other
Here is some other information that may help, all of the lighting is white recessed lights and all of the ceilings are white and it is a 2 X 2 dropped ceiling.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

BryanRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

How about bamboo floors? You can get any color and it is harder than domestic hardwoods.

Duro-design.com (for example)

Black glass countertops or artisan concrete. Smoked glass or stained concrete if you go with espresso color scheme.

Weave in some color changing tile?

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsester View Post
How about bamboo floors? You can get any color and it is harder than domestic hardwoods.

Duro-design.com (for example)

Black glass countertops or artisan concrete. Smoked glass or stained concrete if you go with espresso color scheme.

Weave in some color changing tile?
I really like your idea about the Artisan Concrete, I will talk to the builder about that. Thanks!
BryanRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #4
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRoberts View Post
I really like your idea about the Artisan Concrete, I will talk to the builder about that. Thanks!
A good one can mold your sinks and so forth right into the top.

Take a look at Vetrazzo too. I think it is cool looking and have specified it for clients who loved it. It is made from concrete and recycled glass!

http://vetrazzo.com/eng

Might as well stack up some green credits using recycled or recyclable materials hugh?
Old 11-24-2011, 03:22 PM   #5
Too Short? Cut it Again!

I remembered this photo from the portfolio from one of the concrete countertop people I have used in the past. Obviously it is a round table but no reason it couldn't be a counter. I think it is a combination of concrete and epoxy. I think it is rather cool looking? Could be any colors of course.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #6

I love the photo of the table, great abstract look. I can see it as a cool counterto, it would also work really well as a bartop!

CountertopGuy is offline   Reply With Quote