Design Question: Fireplace Foundation Nook - Need To Put The TV There - Interior Decorating - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-04-2017, 02:53 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 12

Design question: fireplace foundation nook - need to put the TV there

Hi there,
Looking for some advice - I'm finishing my basement and my foundation has a notch in it for where the fireplace is above. I have no idea why they do this, but every new-ish house I've seen in this part of the country has that. Basically the outline of the foundation matches the main floor, and the outside wall is notched out for the fireplace.

In my basement I plan to put our big screen TV against this wall. Originally I was going to frame it flat with the walls from 48" up and mount the TV above and put a TV component stand beneath. However I'm not sure this will be the best approach - a 70" TV 48" off the ground may be uncomfortable to watch.

Any suggestions on what to do with this space? I'd rather not board it up entirely.

See pictures attached.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Design question: fireplace foundation nook - need to put the TV there-basement_v2.0_3d_1.0_-_sketchup_make_2017_2017-01-04_15-40-50.png   Design question: fireplace foundation nook - need to put the TV there-basement-cut-out.jpg  

Advertisement

montydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:09 PM   #2
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 1,820

Re: Design question: fireplace foundation nook - need to put the TV there

It's a perfect spot for shelves to put the AV receiver, DVD player, DVR, etc.

Advertisement

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is offline   Reply With Quote